Welcome to the Jamestown Library!
Check our online catalog to find books in the Jamestown Library.
eBooks can be accessed from the MackinVIA site, or by downloading the free MackinVIA app.
“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education.”~ Harold Howe
- assist students in finding books to read for enjoyment;
- introduce students to authors, illustrators, and a variety of genres;
- teach information and digital literacy skills;
- collaborate with classroom teachers to provide instruction to students;
- provide an atmosphere of empathy and kindness;
- foster a life-long love of reading.
The library’s collection development plan is to provide materials that:
- meet the Virginia Standards of Learning;
- meet the needs of varied interests, abilities, learning styles, maturity levels, ethnic backgrounds, family situations, and language proficiency;
- develop a global perspective to prepare students to live in the world;
- encourage growth in factual knowledge, concept development, and appreciation of literature;
- promote literacy and enjoyment of reading and listening through a variety of methods.
- Students in the Montessori and Kindergarten programs may borrow one book at a time for one week.
- Students in grades 1 and 2 borrow up to three books at a time for two weeks.
- Students in grade 3-5 borrow up to five books at a time for two weeks.
- Students in grades 1-5 may renew their books once for an additional two weeks.
If a student have materials more than three weeks overdue, his or her borrowing privileges will be suspended until the overdue materials are returned. Students will be asked to pay for lost or damaged items depending on the replacement cost. The Library prefers hardcover replacement copies of lost books in order to make the book available sooner. Cash or checks made out to “Jamestown Elementary School” are accepted for payment. If a book is found before the end of the school year, your money will be refunded.
- By email at amy.blaine (at) apsva.us
- By mail at 3700 N. Delaware Street, Arlington, VA 22207
- Follow us on Twitter at @jamestownreads